Apply for a Grant
The mission of the Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust, Inc. (IBCAT) is to increase awareness and improve access to breast cancer screening, diagnosis and support services throughout Indiana. IBCAT receives funds through sales of breast cancer awareness specialty license plate. Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust plate sales began in January of 2002.
Through these sales, monies are available for grants deemed to best address the unmet screening needs of the people of Indiana. Each Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness plate sold generates a $25.00 donation. The Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust is a 501(C) 3 Not for Profit organization incorporated in the State of Indiana.
We invite you to consider becoming a part of our mission: Applications are accepted from early August thru late September of each year to provide funding for Breast Cancer Screening/Diagnostic Programs and Post-Diagnosis Support Programs. For an overview of our organization and highlights of one of our funding programs, view our video.
Our 2019 Breast Cancer Screening & Diagnostic Services application and 2019 Support Services application are currently available for completion. NOTE: Be sure to download the Program Guidelines as well.
Program Guidelines –
- 2019 Guidelines for Screening & Diagnostic Programs
- 2019 Guidelines for Post-Diagnosis Support Services
Overview of Basic Guidelines:
- Project must be specific to providing services to lower income, medically under-served women.
- Each specific application have maximum request limits.
- Organizations may only apply for one (1) screening/diagnostic grant and one (1) support services grant per facility, annually.
- Reimbursement rates are based on the current Medicare rates.
- Applicants must be a federally tax-exempt entity – non-profit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Services are to be within the State of Indiana. All patients must be Indiana residents.
- A grant contract will be the legal mechanism for funding of grant.
- Announcement of awards will be made no later than December 15.
- Grantees will submit a six-month progress report and final grant reports to IBCAT.
- Grant funding for this project will begin January 1 and end December 31.
- Grant Applications must be postmarked as listed on the Application, usually late September to early October. See Application for full details.