The mission of the Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust, Inc. (IBCAT) is to increase awareness and improve access to breast cancer screening and diagnosis throughout Indiana. IBCAT receives funds through sales of breast cancer awareness specialty license plate. Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust plate sales began in January of 2002.
Through these sales, monies are available for grants deemed to best address the unmet screening needs of the people of Indiana. Each Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness plate sold generates a $25.00 donation. The Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust is a 501(C) 3 Not for Profit organization incorporated in the State of Indiana.
We invite you to consider becoming a part of our mission: Grant Applications are accepted during the months of September &/or October to provide funding for Mammography programs. For an overview of our organization and highlights of one of our funding programs, view our video.
- Project must be specific to providing Screening Mammograms to low income, medically under-served women.
- Grant requests for new programs are limited to a maximum of $5,000.00.
- Established screening program grant requests are limited to a maximum of $17,500.00.
- Organizations may only apply for one (1) grant, annually.
- Reimbursement rates are based on the current Medicare rates.
- American Cancer Society (ACS) guidelines for screening mammography should be followed.
- Applicants must be a federally tax-exempt entity – non-profit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Services are to be within the State of Indiana. All patients must be Indiana residents.
- A grant contract will be the legal mechanism for funding of grant.
- Announcement of awards will be made no later than December 15.
- Grantees will submit a six-month progress report and final grant reports to IBCAT.
- Grant funding for this project will begin January 1 and end December 31.
- Grant Applications must be postmarked no later than the first Friday of October.